0 learners taking this course
Enquire about Course
Introduction to Babysitting
This course, aimed at potential babysitters of any age or prospective employers of babysitters, looks at the essentials of babysitting. It explains the responsibilities of both parent / carer and sitter. It looks at the importance of continuity of care, child safety, and the setting of boundaries for both the children and the babysitter. It also offers an introduction to child development and care activities for young children.
- Learner will be knowledgeable about how to interact with the adults they babysit for
- Learner will be knowledgeable about how to care for the children they are responsible for
- Learner will be knowledgeable about what to expect from the children they are responsible for
Advantages of this course
- Many people employ babysitters, and babysit for young children, without thinking through the role. As a parent leaving children with someone new, the course offers details of the information exchange and expectation sharing that should occur before the babysitting starts.
- For the babysitter, the need for an exchange of information and expectations are explained, and the course provides a starting point for finding out more about child development and care activities
- Additional activities encourage the learner to reflect on the learning
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Online and self-paced
Paid in single installment, during registration
Cheque, Cash, Net Banking
Knowledge in understanding the subject and CACHE endorsed course certificateEnquire about Course