0 learners taking this course
Enquire about Course
Introduction to Nannying
Developed in association with the British Association of Professional Nannies (BAPN), this course introduces learners to the key aspects of working life as a nanny. Learners will explore the role and responsibilities of a professional nanny, the main elements of working with children, and the health and safety considerations involved when working in the family home. Intended as a general introduction to the profession, this course will give learners a real flavour of what is involved in being a nanny.
- Learners will learn about the role of a professional nanny
- Learners will learn how nannies can be essential for modern working families
- Learners will learn about the challenges of maintaining professional boundaries when working in a relaxed environment when they are treated as one of the family
Advantages of this course
- The course looks at what is involved in looking after a child and includes child care, child development, supporting positive behaviour, and personal care routines. It looks at the importance of play to children and gives a brief introduction to the Early Years Foundation Stage, England’s statutory framework for the care and education for the under 5’s.
- A second section of the course deals with the relationships between the parents and the child, and the parents and the nanny. Helpful information is given about setting expectations and asking questions before commencing work within a family. It looks at the importance of both communication and confidentiality.
- A further section contains information on the essentials required by a professional nanny, including the considerations of insurance, training, registrations, and record keeping. Salaries, documentation, contracts, National Insurance, and tax are also introduced.
- The course can also help with some interview tips and suggestions on presenting a professional image
Online and self-paced
Paid in single installment, during registration
Cheque, Cash, Net Banking
Knowledge in understanding the subject and CACHE endorsed course certificateEnquire about Course