KPMG is a leading professional services firm comprising over 188,000 professionals who work together to deliver value in more than 150+ countries through in-depth industry insights in Audit, Tax & Advisory. The firm recorded more than USD 25.4 billion in revenues in 2015. The position in discussion is with the Pursuit Support Group at KPMG Global Services (KGS), which is KPMG’s global delivery center and is an integral part of the firm’s strategy to enhance innovation, build scalability, and improve profitability, globally. KGS’ Pursuit Support Group is a team of over 50+ professionals based in Gurgaon. KGS Pursuit Support has been providing supporting KPMG member firms globally in their pursuit activities. The support the team provides includes preparing RFx responses, stakeholder profiling, pitchbooks, Orals presentation support, Pursuit debrief etc.
Roles and responsibilities:
- We are recruiting an Assistant Manager for our Pursuit Support team. Working as an Assistant Manager in this team, your responsibilities will include:
- Quickly understand the proposal / presentation objectives and determine the scope of work for the KGS Pursuit Support team
- Source information from relevant internal sources and teams etc., collate and analyze information logically and producing high quality outputs by deploying standard templates in a timely manner
- Create the document structure as per the RFP / proposal requirement and discuss with senior team members
- Work with the onshore teams to set-up the repository of the recent client presentations, RFI / RFP responses, marketing collateral, etc.
- Maintain the repository and the tracker to ensure that all recent documents are added regularly
- Create and update standard decks, by scenario, that highlight the best slides that can be leveraged in future presentations, RFx responses, pitchbooks, capability decks etc.
- Manage overall performance of the team, as well as the quality of the its output
- Work closely with key stakeholders and build productive relationships
Essential skills required:
- BE / B.Tech / BBA / BCom / MBA Preferred
- Graduates with 8-10 years, post Graduates with 6-8 years of relevant industry experience in a similar role particularly in a professional services firm / third-party KPO / IT-BPO company / internal research/strategy teams within key technology companies.
Project and Team management exposure:
- Prior experience in pre sales/bid management, project management, business development, account management, etc.
- Prior team management experience not essential, but preferred
- Credible record of operating as an independent contributor and also working as part of a team during larger projects
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to drive through to an outcome in circumstances of complexity and ambiguity
- Goal driven – should be focused on helping clients meet their requirements – by developing solutions when client requirement remains unclear / changes.
- Prior experience in pre-sales/bid management, project management
- Expertise in MS Office, specifically in PowerPoint & Word
Behavioral / team skills:
- Strong team management skills, self-driven and ability to work independently
- Personal drive and positive work ethic to deliver results within tight deadlines and in demanding situations
- strong time management skills
- Ability to adapt to a variety of engagement types, working hours and work environments and locations, Excellent written and verbal communication skills