KPMG is a leading professional services firm comprising over 174,000 professionals who work together to deliver value in more than 155 countries through in-depth industry insights in Audit, Tax & Advisory. The firm recorded more than USD 24.4 billion in revenues in 2015. The position in discussion is with the CMT team at KPMG Global Services (KGS), which is KPMG’s global delivery center and is an integral part of the firm’s strategy to enhance innovation, build scalability, and improve profitability, globally. KGS CMT is a team of over 415 professionals based in Gurgaon.
Roles and responsibilities:
We are recruiting a Director/AD to serve as the Industry Leader for the Technology Media Telecom (TMT) sector for KPMG Global Services. Responsibilities will include:
- As an Industry lead at KGS you will be required to work with the various business units (BU) and functions to develop an approach focused on demand mobilization, service & product development, up-skilling and delivery enhancement.
- You will drive coordinated business development efforts and key account management activities focused on the TMT sector. As part of the efforts you will also be required to do project/product solutioning while working with our KGS BU heads as well as our Member Firms stakeholders on key pursuits
- You will also actively participate/present in client meetings and proposals to support our member firms.
- Act as the KGS central-point-of-contact for the TMT network to help onshore stakeholders in navigating KGS and driving easier engagement with various teams
- Take a leadership role in developing a TMT community within the KGS ecosystem. This would involve bringing together TMT experts from across KGS team into a virtual group to enable active interaction, interchange and to promote collaboration.
- Focus on expanding the KGS foot-print on key TMT accounts in collaboration with onshore and KGS leaders. Own the Hours target for KGS usage on TMT client projects.
- Actively build and manage relationships with internal KGS teams and Member Firm stakeholders and provide complete project life-cycle support at both ends.
- Develop and execute a plan with each KGS team around up-skilling resources in enabling them to be more relevant on TMT projects.
- Work with the onshore stakeholders and KGS teams to develop new / custom offerings / skills that align to the TMT priority areas
- Participate in the Industry/account calls and priority Initiatives.
- Identify and resolve key issues impacting the accounts / projects being delivered at KGS.
- Provide subject matter expertise on large scale and key projects to ensure top quality execution and effective governance
- Develop a highly effective TMT Insights team to help Partners / onshore stakeholders in their go-to-market efforts and in enabling sales. This team would publish points-of-views, thought leadership reports and enable client surveys.
Education / professional qualifications:
- MBA / CA / M.Tech / MCA
- The candidate must have 12+ years of relevant experience in a similar role, particularly in a professional services firm / consulting / Big 4 / strategy firm.
- Relevant TMT industry experience (12+ years) gained in a combination of industry and consulting firms
- Sales / Business Development, Solutioning and Account Management experience
- Ability to lead through influence and build consensus
- Experience in delivering on large scale consulting projects across different functions in a global environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High problem solving skills and collaborative. Strong teaming mindset.
- Strong numerical, analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Be comfortable working with tight deadlines and demanding requirements
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Flexibility to adapt to a variety of different work environments and locations
- Ability to travel to internationally