KPMG is a leading professional services firm comprising over 174,000 professionals who work together to deliver value in more than 155 countries through in-depth industry insights in Audit, Tax & Advisory. The firm recorded more than USD 24.4 billion in revenues in 2015. The position in discussion is with the Research, Analytics and Knowledge (RAK) unit, KPMG’s Collaboration and Knowledge services hub at KPMG Global Services (KGS), which is KPMG’s global delivery center and is an integral part of the firm’s strategy to enhance innovation, build scalability, and improve profitability, globally. KGS’ RAK team has over 700 professionals based in Gurgaon and Bangalore. KGS RAK provides solutions to KPMG member firms globally. Leveraging insights and applying best practices, the team helps create customized approaches to M&A transactions. The team’s capabilities include Corporate Finance, Transaction Services, Strategy, Business Modeling, Accounting Advisory Services, Deal Advisory Research, Benchmarking and Knowledge Management.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Lead the C&K Go-to-Market offshore Team (4-5 members) supporting various capabilities viz., Content Management, Portal Management and Web Analytics
- Accountable for high quality GTM deliverables in a timely manner focusing on process efficiencies
- Ensure GTM product delivery as defined in content roadmap with a focus on quality improvement in each cycle
- Maintain and follow up-to-date process documentation for entire GTM product portfolio
- Assist stakeholders (planning and effective execution) with content harvesting out-reaches to wider KPMG communities, as defined per the GTM content roadmap
- Ensure other KGS/ RAK capabilities (such as Accounts Management, Research) are leveraged, to achieve desired output, to maximize value-add and share best practices
- Create awareness about GTM programme across relevant KGS/RAK wide business units to increase user base of GTM data items
- Be the main contact for the onshore SPOCs in resolving key issues / concerns
- Develop strong working relationship with key stakeholders
- Pro-actively liaise with onshore stakeholders to receive timely feedback that can be leveraged to enhance the deliverable / process improvement
- Managing the end-to-end workflow of the entire team; ensure optimum utilization
- Be responsible for Hiring, retention, backfill and on boarding of new resources.
- Responsible for performance management, mentoring, coaching and planning for L&D needs of the team
- Be actively involved in business planning/goals with the higher management
- Effectively supervise/coach junior staff and take responsibility for reviewing their work
- Provide growth opportunities and career guidance to the team members
- Share knowledge with the team(s) to facilitate best practice and enhance group knowledge of latest market developments
Essential skills required:
- MBA or PG in related subject
- Must have 8+ years of relevant experience in a similar role, particularly in a professional services firm / third-party KPO / IT-BPO company / pursuits management / internal research / strategy teams
Project and Team management exposure
- Prior experience in leading project scoping, effort estimate, project work planning, team handling, staffing, providing feedback, etc.
- High problem solving skills; ability to drive through to an outcome in circumstances of complexity and ambiguity
- Goal driven – should be focused on helping stakeholders meet their requirements – by developing answers and solutions when requirement remains unclear / changes, and by providing relevant insights and key questions to fit the client objective
- Prior experience in Pursuits/ Proposal Management, Knowledge Management and information systems.
- Experience in Web Technologies i.e., SharePoint and Secondary Research databases, such as CapitalIQ, Factiva, Bloomberg, et al.
Behavioral / team skills:
- Personal drive and positive work ethic to deliver results within tight deadlines and in demanding situations
- Flexibility to adapt to a variety of engagement types, working hours and work environments and locations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player; self-driven and ability to work independently