Mentoring for Women Restarters
More women professionals these days are actively pursuing mentoring to advance their careers. Mentoring can be truly rewarding to women restarters, personally and professionally. It's an opportunity to develop communication skills, expand your viewpoints, and consider new ways of approaching situations.
But first let's understand, What is Mentoring after all?
What is Mentoring?
Mentoring is a relationship between two people with the goal of professional and personal development. The "mentor" is usually an experienced individual who shares knowledge, experience, and advice with a less experienced person, or "mentee."
Mentors become trusted advisers and role models – people who have "been there" and "done that." They support and encourage their mentees by offering suggestions and knowledge, both general and specific. The goal is help mentees improve their skills and, hopefully, advance their careers. But, the relationship should be based on mutual trust and respect. The Mentor should see the value in mentoring you and vice versa.
Mentoring is a unique combination of Coaches, trainers, and consultants who can all help you learn and grow professionally. Read more about how a mentor can help in restarting the career.
Benefits to the Women Restarter
A mentor can help you do the following:
- Gain valuable advice – Mentors can offer valuable insight into what it takes to get ahead. They can be your guide and "sounding board" for ideas, helping you decide on the best course of action in difficult situations. You may learn shortcuts that help you work more effectively and avoid "reinventing the wheel."
- Develop your knowledge and skills – They can help you identify the skills and expertise you need to succeed. They may teach you what you need to know, or advise you on where to go for the information you need.
- Learn new perspectives – Again, you can learn new ways of thinking from your mentor, just as your mentor can learn from you.
- Build your network – Your mentor can offer an opportunity to expand your existing network of personal and professional contacts.
- Advance your career – A mentor helps you stay focused and on track in your career through advice, skills development, networking, and so on.
It is also important for women restarters to ask important questions to mentor. These questions can help women restarters to ensure they are following the right path. Also read top 10 questions to ask a mentor.
Expert Mentors @ Women Restart
We have brought together the best of the best Mentors that you can immensely benefit from:
Lalana Zaveri - Lalana Zaveri, is a name to be reckoned with as she is one of the most inspiring women leaders in India. She has vast experience of not just leading brands like Printo andXerox, but also coaching and training leaders and CXOs of tomorrow. Read more about her Here