Product DescriptionEnquire about Course
Nutrition in the Early Years
This course, aimed at childcare practitioners and others involved in the nutrition of children, looks at the importance of giving young children a good start in life through nutritious food to enable them to grow, develop, and have a healthy life. Learners will be introduced to the components of a healthy diet – including protein, vitamins, and minerals. The importance of giving a portion of food reflecting the size of the child and of being very careful with food allergies and intolerances is also explained. The course also looks at food phobias.
- Learner will be knowledgeable about what makes a healthy diet.
- Learner will understand a well-balanced meal
- Learner will understand the importance of portion control
Advantages of this course
- It is important that anyone caring for children is knowledgeable about what makes a healthy diet, from the food groups that make up a healthy diet to portion control
- This course includes aspects of nutrition from weaning onwards, introduces proteins, vitamins, and minerals, and looks at the latest legislation on food allergens and the food standards for schools
- Additional activities encourage the learner to reflect on the learning
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Online and self-paced
Paid in single installment, during registration
Cheque, Cash, Net Banking
Knowledge in understanding the subject and CACHE endorsed course certificateEnquire about Course