Product DescriptionEnquire about Course
Recognizing and Supporting Children with Special Educational Needs
Children with special educational needs (SEN) have the right to be educated alongside others and the right not to be at a disadvantage because of their needs when accessing services. With the right support and well-planned provision, children with SEN can thrive and achieve their full potential. In this short course you will explore the topic of special educational needs within a childcare setting. You will learn about Down’s syndrome, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Cerebral Palsy and Asperger’s Syndrome as examples of common learning disabilities creating special educational needs, as well as the key legislation governing practice in this area. We will look at the role of the setting SENCO and how you too can understand, support and provide for individual children with SEN in your care. This course is intended for practitioners working in a range of childcare settings.
- Learners will learn that various pieces of legislation provide legal rights for disabled children and give responsibilities to providers of services for children and young people
- Learners will learn about ‘child- and young person-led’ models of delivery where the service is influenced by the people using it
- Learners will learn that, as with all children, observation is a key starting point in making an assessment of children’s needs, learning, and development
Advantages of this course
- It is only relatively recently that special needs and disability has been seen as an equal opportunities and inclusion issue. Practitioners need to be aware of and implement the requirements of the many pieces of legislation which have been enacted within the last 30 years.
- This course offers information and links to the various pieces of legislation which provide legal rights for disabled people, and to the current SEND Code of Practice
- The course also offers, in one place, invaluable information for those dealing with some of the most frequently encountered special educational needs
- Additional activities encourage the learner to reflect on the learning and extra reading gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Online and self-paced
Paid in single installment, during registration
Cheque, Cash, Net Banking
Knowledge in understanding the subject and CACHE endorsed course certificateEnquire about Course